Skip to content


Below is a list of request forms for the International Students and Scholars Office (ISSO) that can now be completed through our ISSO Portal.
Note: If you have already started a specific online form, do not start a new one. Please go to your User Home Page to continue working on your online form.

New Student Request Forms:

  • New Student Request - All admitted F-1 and J-1 international students must provide additional information for issuance of your Form I-20/DS-2019 and for any dependents (if applicable). Students enrolled at another school in the U.S. must also provide information about current F-1/J-1 status. Summer program date only available for English Language Center students.
  • Immigration Check-In (available 30 days prior to start of your first term) - All new students must provide copies of U.S. immigration documents upon entry to the U.S. for ISSO records. To be completed after entry to the U.S.

  • Pre-Arrival Orientation (coming closer to start of Fall 2022 term) Must be completed by all new students before the first day of classes. Covers immigration regulations and responsibilities as an international student. Video modules and assessments.

Immigration Forms for F-1 students:

  • Change of Status - if you need to change your current immigration status to F-1
  • Change of Education Level - If you receive admission to a new degree program at Towson
  • Dependent Request - If you plan to bring a spouse and/or dependent child (unmarried, under 21 years old) with you, after your initial I-20/DS-2019 has already been issued or while you are a current student
  • I-20 Reprint Request - Use this request if you need a new copy of your I-20 - if it is lost or if you need a travel signature.
  • Program Extension (F-1) - If you will not complete your academic program by the program end date stated on the I-20, you must apply for an extension in advance. Note: only medical or academic are acceptable reasons per immigration regulations.
  • Reduced Course Load - Use this form to apply for permission to drop below full-time enrollment.
  • Transfer Out (F-1) - Use this form to request that your SEVIS record be transferred to another US institution. Evidence of admission to new institution is required.

Employment Requests for F-1 students

  • Curricular Practical Training (CPT) - F-1 students requesting off-campus work authorization, related to their program of study, prior to graduation. Student must be enrolled in relevant course and already have job offer in order to apply for CPT. CPT cannot be back-dated: student must have approval before beginning work.
  • Off-Campus Employment - Severe Economic Hardship - F-1 students whose financial support suddenly changes and causes severe economic hardship, may be eligible to apply for off-campus employment after meeting with an international student advisor.
  • ‚ÄčOPT I-20 Request - to request an I-20 for OPT; request includes OPT workshop content and assessments.
    • SEVP Portal (links to SEVP Portal Website, outside of ISSO Portal) -  Once your OPT is approved with an EAD card, you are required to report all employer details via the SEVP OPT Portal within 10 days of a change of employment.
    • OPT Employment Update - Only use if you have been approved for OPT. If it is over 10 days since you have changed your address or employer and you cannot update your information in the SEVP Portal, use this form to report your address change or employment change (adding, ending, changing).
    • Cap-Gap Extension - to extend your employment authorization if your employer has a pending H-1B petition to USCIS on your behalf
  • STEM OPT Extension Request - Application form for students requesting a STEM OPT I-20. Students required to upload a copy of I-983 form as part of application process. Students must have a job or job offer from an E-Verify employer and meet all other required criteria.
    • Report STEM OPT Participation - Use this form for your mandatory check-in at 6, 12, 18, and 24 month-marks on STEM OPT, as well as for your mandatory submission of your I-983 evaluations at the 12-month and 24-month point in your STEM OPT. You should also use this form to report an end to a job while on STEM OPT - you will need to submit a final evaluation for every position that you leave while on STEM OPT.

J-1 (Exchange) Student Request Forms:

  • On-Campus Employment - J-1 students should register their on-campus employment with ISSO. Use this form to update your on-campus employer information for SEVIS reporting. Please do so as soon as you get the employment.
  • Academic Training - J-1 students requesting advance off-campus work authorization for employment training or practical experience, related to their field of study.
  • Transfer Out (J-1) - (for J-1 visa holders only) If you plan to transfer your J-1 status to another U.S. school or program sponsor, ISSO must first review your SEVIS record in advance.
  • Program Extension (J-1) - (for J-1 visa holders only) If you will not complete your program by the program end date stated on the DS-2019, you must apply for an extension in advance.
  • DS-2019 Reprint Request - (for J-1 visa holders only) If your existing DS-2019 was lost or stolen.